Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Everyday Tasks

I get asked these questions frequently. "Do you ever get out of the house?" and "How do you do it?" My answer is, "yes" and "I just do." Believe it or not, we get out of the house at least once a day. Tate and Savannah enjoy running errands, playgroups, the park and taking field trips. I hate to disappoint you but I don't have any amazing strategies. It is all quite simple. So, here are a few pics explaining how we do it.
When I shower and get ready I use the pack n' play. Our bathroom is a nice size so the pack n' play stays in the bathroom most of the time. They can play in the pack n' play for up to 1/2 an hour. They also enjoy sitting with me in front of my mirror and helping me get ready. They love the blow dryer, mirror and brush.





We go to the grocery store often. Some are quick trips and others are full basket shopping. If it is a quick trip, I use my double stroller because it has a small basket beneath it which is very handy. Otherwise, we use the double kid car carts. Tate and Savannah love the double car carts. The only dilemma is getting the kids from the car to the cart. I usually drive around looking for a double cart in the parking lot storage areas. If I find one, I park close by and its a cinch. If there is no double carts to be found, I am forced to use a single cart for transferring purposes only. I park next to a cart storage ramp. I use a single cart to take the kids to get a double cart. Then I clean the double cart and transfer the kids. No big deal really, but it sure is nice when I find a double cart already in the cart storage ramp. While in the store, we visit the butcher, deli and bakery. Tate and Savannah are on a first name basis with many of the grocery associates. I love our HEB. They even help us out to the car.



I cook dinner every night. Tate and Savannah are already little chefs. They enjoy eating a snack in their high chair while I prepare dinner or playing with my cooking utensils on the floor. I also cook dinner during their afternoon nap and then reheat later. The crock pot is used once a week as well.



Play time is lots of fun. They are everywhere. Tate usually leads and Savannah always follows. So, most of the time they are in the same area. Tate goes from the dining room, entry hall, kitchen and playroom crawling all about looking for things to open, climb and push. Savannah is right behind him.




Bath time is relaxing. Now, they take big boy and big girl baths. I do not bath them at the same time because they both love their baths and get a little wild. It is easier for me to bath them one at a time. I use an exersaucer to hold the other child not being bathed.



As you can tell, I don't do anything unusual or extraordinary. Everything is pretty simple and ordinary. The biggest help comes from my husband. He rarely leaves work late and is always offering to watch the kids while I have girl time. I have mastered holding, feeding, rocking, and even picking up both Tate and Savannah at the same time. My legs get a good work out everyday. Tate and Savannah are on the same schedule so it makes life a bit easier. Their smiles, squeals, and laughter make me happy everyday. On those rare days that seem to be a bit more challenging..........I just laugh. After all, it is usually a diaper disaster, a small bump/bruise or a middle of the night waking. Tonight, we are going to eat at Fuddrucker's for a March of Dimes Fundraiser. If you have any other questions, please don't be shy. I am happy to share.

3 comments:

  1. That doesn't sound a whole lot different than my strategies and life, except Blake won't really stay put in a stroller or cart so I tend to do errands after Zach is off work. You are such a good mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was fun to read! Thanks for the insight, Whit! You're an amazing mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post! A day in the life with twins- you seem to have mastered it perfectly! Good job mommy!

    ReplyDelete