We spent 4th of July in Red River, NM. Chad's family have a cabin in the most remote and gorgeous area. It is so peaceful and divine listening to humming birds, hearing Aspen trees and looking out at a beautiful meadow. We attended the annual Red River 4th of July Parade. It is very kid friendly and lots of fun. Aunt Carlie rides in it each year. She was sure to spray us with silly string this year. We listened to humming birds, fed the chipmunks, took family walks, hiked, fished, 4-wheeled, fed the deer, spotlighted the elk and saw 4 BEARS! The weather was amazing as it was in the 70's during the day. Savannah's favorite part was picking flowers and having the freedom to walk everywhere. Tate's favorite part was riding the 4-wheeler and picking up rocks. My favorite part was seeing my husband, Chad, in his element. He is truly an outdoors man. He loves to be outside and would rather not stop to eat lunch or even take a restroom break. He can be gone for hours in the mountains and have NO fear at all. He knows those mountains, creeks, and trails like the back of his hand. I enjoy seeing him show Tate and Savannah his favorite things to do at the cabin. We had two scary events. At one point, Tate went missing! We were in the cabin making lunch and I asked, "Where is Tate?" Then, Aunt Carlie noticed the screen door was left open (probably by me). She ran out to find Tate sitting on the bottom deck smiling, having the grandest time with the chipmunks and mountain views. He was only missing for 30 seconds but my heart stopped and I was relieved when he was found. The other event was with sweet Savannah. She got a terrible diaper rash. She has never had a diaper rash that hurt. She didn't even want me to give her a bath it hurt so bad. It only lasted for about 12 hours because my handy dandy Aquaphor cured it. I love that stuff! We think it was either the fresh peach she ate for breakfast or the Gatorade she drank at the parade that gave her a diaper rash. We ran out of milk & water and so I improvised with Gatorade. I won't do that again. Overall, it was a great trip with family and friendly neighbors, Lairy and Carol. More pictures to come later.









I am laughing so hard at those pictures of them in the washing machine! I bet you guys had such a great time showing Tate and Savannah all the sights. And I can't believe you saw bears--scary!
ReplyDeleteThat looks like a great trip- I can't believe that you were wearing long sleeves at times! That would be nice!! What a beautiful place and I am sure you will all have lots of memories there over the years!
ReplyDeleteWhit - these pictures are adorable!! Looks like it was such a great trip!
ReplyDeleteI love the pictures of Savannah reaching for you. So sweet. She's a doll!
ReplyDelete