Thursday, February 10, 2011

20 months

We have been busy busy with changes.
1ST: Tate and Savannah turned 20 months!
2ND: Tate and Savannah decide the highchair is not their favorite seat of choice while dining
3RD: Tate and Savannah get molars
4Th: Tate decides he will no longer hold my hand while we are crossing the street
5Th: Tate crawls out of his crib 3 times
6Th: Mom panics........reads lots of books and consults family/friends. Mom and dad decide on plan of action. Love them, sit in highchair is not negotiable, give Tylenol for teething, insist hand holding while crossing streets, and transition to TODDLER beds!
I introduced their big girl/big boy beds after MDO. They each had a surprise on their beds (Tate lighting McQueen car and Savannah growing water animals). Then, we explored our new beds and talked about how special they were. Technically, they're not new beds, we just converted them into toddler beds. They've been in toddler beds for 1 night and 1 nap and did absolutely perfect. So far, so good.

While I was deciding what to do in regards to toddler bed vs. crib tent, I kept Tate in the pack n' play which he could not climb out of. The video below is of Tate and Savannah playing Peek-a-Boo instead of sleeping. I have a video monitor and could not live without it. Chad and I get a ton of entertainment watching the two of them.

Tate and Savannah Playing

1 comment:

  1. Hey Whit! I was reading something the other day about transitioning your toddler to a big bed. It was an article I came across, I wasn't searching for it (Ben is a little young for that!) Anyways, there is supposed to be some sort of mesh tent thing you can put over their crib that prevents them from getting out of the crib but is obviously breathable and they can still stand and stuff. Addyson got out of her crib one time and we switched her right away to a big bed because I was terrified of her getting out of her crib and falling! I don't really know anything about the mesh tent, just thought it sounded like an interesting idea.

    ReplyDelete